Our client, an Oil & Gas Serving Company operating in Port Harcourt, Rivers State is interested in hiring smart, intelligent, vibrant, and excellent people for the following job positions;
Job Role/Title: Legal Officer/Counsel
Reporting to: Managing Director/CEO
Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of our business. You will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows law guidelines and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues. The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize the probability of exposure.
- Review and provide legal advice on MOUs, MOAs, Contracts, and Tender documents.
- Review ongoing cases and advice management accordingly.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract management.
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff. Policy development
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements in the countries where we work. Litigation management
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Identify local needs and develop efficient resource smart solutions including developing network of outside counsel and pro-bono relationships Regulatory compliance
- Formulate legal compliance check-lists for all company activities and actions to be used for the purpose of ensuring that all information required is provided accordingly.
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations in the company and advise management accordingly.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports for the department for executive management meetings.
- Contract negotiation
- Review all contracts or any other documentation to which the company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the senior management’s attention.
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy.
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time.
- Giving accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics
- Collaborating with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specifying internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.)
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization.
- Represent the company in negotiations and settlements
- Proofreading of Contracts and other documents the company has to sign.
- Registration of all Company Patents, Copyrights, etc.
- Function as the Secretary to the company/Board.
- Handle all CAC matters including Annual Returns.
- Conduct search on documents, entities, background checks, or verifications, etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
• A Law degree, Master’s degree is a plus.
• MBA in Business Administration will be considered an advantage
• Must have3 – 5 years of experience in a law firm or multinational organization (private sector or NGO).
• Demonstrate knowledge of, and experience with laws dealing with commercial/contract administration and labour laws
• Good knowledge of legal systems within the country and some experience with Francophone county legal systems. Required
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• In-depth knowledge of regulatory law
• Excellent communication, negotiation and diplomatic skills.
• Excellent command of English, French is a plus.
• Real interest in environment and conservation.
• Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
1. Practical and thorough understanding of the principles of Litigation.
2. Attention to details while looking at the larger picture.
3. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Tools
4. Strong experience in planning, and implementation.
5. Very strong Communication, Presentation & interpersonal skills
6. Negotiation skills
7. Report Writing skills
8. High Multi-tasking skills
9. Very strong Supervisory and Leadership skills
1. Strong analytical skills.
2. High degree of communication skills, particularly attuned to
working well with others. 3. Good oral and written communication skills.
4. Strong commerce awareness .
5. Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships
6. Ability to acquire sufficient technical knowledge to
I understand the company’s business and the products. 7. A Basic understanding of the operations of the Oil and Gas industry 8. Ability to deal with internal and external legal matter
in such a manner that ensures complete protection of the company.
DESIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
1. Ability to remain impartial
2. Team Player
3. Proactive self-starter
4. Flexibility to adapt to a variety of work situations
5. Highly organized and meticulous.
6. Ability to remain calm and cool-headed in the face of crises.
7. Ability to cope with and work under intense pressure.
8. The ability to manage and motivate others.
9. Used to working in a fast-moving environment,
providing accurate and timely legal advice.
10. Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
under tough conditions
Job Role/Title: QA/QC Professional
QA/QC Professional will be responsible for analyzing and qualifying an organization’s product to make sure it meets quality and manufacturing standards. The professional will typically work with other engineers in the teams to identify potential errors in the process or standard and design improvements that could create a more efficient and effective production line.
JOB ROLE/ RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate quality inspections with all the location subcontractors and vendors and coordinate all non-destructive testing on site
• Coordinate with the customers representative on all quality matters
• Coordinate all receipt inspections
• Distribute relevant QA/QC documentation to location staff and subcontractors
• Verify that the quality-related location activities are in accordance with the applicable codes and standards
• Participate in the location’s internal and external site audits
• Coordinate all the quality site inspections through the site QC inspectors
• Ensure all quality control documentation is complied with and completed for as-built handover through the QC turnover engineer
• Control all nonconformance reports and undertake remedial action
• Compete for site quality control instructions and action remedial responses
• Review the customer’s specifications and undertake relevant training to the location staff and QC inspector
• Monitor the implementation of the approved location Plan
• Complete and coordinate the approval of the location technical submittals to the Clients
• Coordinate with the location manager on all quality issues Coordinate
• Chair the QA/QC meetings with the project’s subcontractor’s QC personnel
• Elaborating inspection and test programs
• Ensure that safety is adhered to at locations/sites
• Assure all technical documents relative to location/site quality control are in the current status • Ensure the quality records, acceptance certificates, mechanical completion certificates and the documentation for specific systems and buildings/areas are prepared and collated in accordance with project requirements
• Coordinate with the planning and scheduling department to ensure milestone dates are understood for each turnover area
• Coordinate with the site QC manager for the completion of as-built turnover documentation
• Resolve any discrepancies between the completed milestone and quality documentation
• Review supplier’s inspection and test plans against the milestone scope of work
• Coordinate with the commissioning department to define the scope of work
• Assist the site subcontractors to compile turnover dossiers
• Provide progress information for incorporation into project reports
• Monitor hydrostatic test packs for incorporation into as-built dossiers
• Consider the implications of delays in QC as-built turnover documentation and bring to the attention of the site QC manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Great troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of product development and manufacturing processes
- Excellent organization and time-management
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- PC software proficiency
- Knowledge of International Organization for Standardization quality systems
- Knowledge of Society of Automotive Engineers quality systems (in the automotive and aerospace sectors)
- Verify contractor quality requirements are specified to vendors and contractor documentation submittals.
- The preparation and control of project quality system management documentation before project commencement.
- QA/QC engineer review quality inspection personnel qualifications and training requirements
- Monitor the disposition of all issued non-nonconformances.
- Monitor the progress and effectiveness of the project quality management system.
- Recommend and implement improvements when required.
Interested candidates should forward their CV, Cover letter, and other relevant credentials to: