Working At Height
Working at heights simply means that an individual is working in a place that requires necessary precautions to prevent them from falling at a distance, resulting in serious injury. Did you know injuries from working at heights is one of the most prominent causes of major work related injuries and fatalities? Falls from ladders, scaffolding, and lifts onto debris can cause serious injury even when the height is perceived to not be dangerous. Employers need to ensure that they take all measures necessary to lower the risk of their workers falling from a height using preemptive hazard recognition to constant site assessment.
This course will help participants to understand the risks of working at height and practical ways to prevent falls from height.
It will also participants to understand the National & International regulations related to working at height as well as provides necessary information needed to be able to successfully mitigate working at height risks and implement control measures. It emphasizes on an understanding of carrying out working at height risk assessment, safe use access equipment and monitoring to ensure that employees can reduce their risk of falls from height, adopting preventive and protective measures, rescue procedures in cases of emergency.
By the end of the course, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Statutory and regulatory authority requirements
- The use of heights safety systems
- The process of providing for safe working practices
- Safety equipment/systems and considerations to facilitate working safely at heights
- Risk assessment when working at height and pre-job planning
- The use of fall arrest harness
- Safe operation of access equipment
- Work in various weather conditions
- Gain knowledge, skills and experience that are necessary to select and set up working at heights equipment ready for safe use and operation.
- Identify risks in the workplace and eliminate or reduce the risk of severe or fatal injuries.
- Demonstrate to others that you are taking the necessary steps to meet the requirements of National & International standards & Statutory requirements.
- Use of fall protection system and devices, with rescue measures.
This course is for people who work at height.
Enjoy 5% discount on group registration; when register 5 persons and above, or 10% when you register 10 persons and above.